Sr. QA Analyst - Automation at Avalara
Connectors program defines the moat for Avalara’s market and its growth. AvaTax integrates seamlessly with 600+ prebuilt connections into accounting systems, ERP and CRM providers, and ecommerce platforms
We achieve our mission by:
- Customize AvaTax connector, or integration, which makes accurate, fast, easy & reliable sales tax calculation a snap.
- Functioning in tandem with ecommerce/ CRM/ ERP/ POS platform, AvaTax automates sales tax transactions. Allowing customers to spend more time growing your business and less time on compliance!
- Diverse technologies and platforms!
- Nurturing a motivated, reliable and respected team and working environment that operates in small scrum teams in an agile environment.
- Considering our long-term strategic vision at scale, while iterating for quick delivery.
As a Senior QA Analyst, you are responsible for Assure Quality for all the products. Plan and estimate the test efforts for a feature / release. Create solution design and high level scenarios based on solution design, Optimize test cases and contribute towards automation script writing and execution. Planning and executing test cases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and collaborates with team members in understanding the collected requirements thereby generating the Test scenarios to meet requirements.
- Involves in automation script writing and execution for assigned products.
- Takes ownership of all releases/deliverables and achieves defined timelines.
- Experience in planning, estimation for required testing tasks, process, and associated effort for the selected user stories
- Trouble shoot & analyze Customer reported issues.
- Create and manage bug reports ensuring they are clearly communicated to the team and addressed
- Follow agile/scrum processes.
- Perform related duties as assigned by reporting manager.
- Must be able to accommodate working/attending meetings during United States business hours, headquarters based in Seattle, WA US (Pacific Time Zone)
- Open to accept additional responsibilities assigned and put extra efforts to meet the deadlines, if needed.
- Help other team members with latest testing methodologies within industry
- Drive quality assurance metrices within team and help them to improve day by day
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with willingness to listen and work in fast paced challenging environment.
- Education - BE, MCA, MCS or other related degree
- Technical Skills:
- Efficient in writing Use cases, Test scenarios, Test Cases, Test Plan, Test Case execution and reporting bug.
- Strong experience in Desktop application testing.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC/STLC and testing methodologies.
- Basic knowledge of selenium/Rational/RFT automation scripting and execution.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of ERP, preferably Microsoft products.
- Knowledge on coding guidelines will be added advantage
- SQL Scripting knowledge
- Knowledge of sales Tax.
- Hands-on experience with testing of desktop applications
- Knowledge and experience of working in Product based organisation.
- Knowledge of bug tracking tools like JIRA.
Candidate should be available to work few hours in line with U.S/U.K. time zones as required.