As a New Business Representative, you will perform various activities to strengthen sales efforts, including qualifying inbound leads, prospecting for new clients, warm and cold calling, generating referrals and scheduling sales presentations to be delivered by the Enterprise Sales Consultants. The New Business Representative works collaboratively with Enterprise Sales Consultants to lead new business opportunities within targeted verticals and specific companies. The NBR will own their goals of creating quality new business opportunities for the company.
In the 1st Month you will…
· Train and learn about the organization: Product, Marketing, Sales and Success teams.
· Learn about how the business operates and how Ambassador fits into the marketing technology landscape.
· Learn different customer acquisition techniques as well as how B2B and B2C companies leverage marketing technology.
· Participate in sales training and listen to call recordings.
· Participate in product training to understand the core functionality and use cases of Ambassador for different types of brands.
· Start top of the funnel prospecting responsibilities.
By the 3rd Month you will...
· Become an expert at using the prospecting tools that are available to you and understanding how to best position Ambassador to different types of companies.
· Prospect 50-100 companies a week with a combination of creative prospecting from multiple sources including, but not limited to, current sales database contacts, inbound inquiries, web or other research channels, cold and warm calling, emailing, and social media.
· Become a use-case expert.
· Develop and test prospecting sequences.
· Begin generating 4 new opportunities a week.
· Become fluent in your communication with clients, mastering different, effective pitches.
· Ensure high quality and effective messaging around Ambassador's solutions that creates awareness and gains the interest of potential clients.
At the half year mark you will...
· Become highly confident and competent in product feature functionality.
· Be curating and optimizing high performing outreach methods and sequences.
· Develop your own top of the funnel pipeline.
· Maintain over $100,000 in pipeline attribution.
· Have a high focus on quality over quantity and focusing on results (closed won new business).
Desired Skills & Experience
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary education; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Prior experience in a B2B inside sales environment. (digital marketing knowledge is a plus)
· Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel).Experience using CRM system and prospecting tools (Salesforce, DiscoverOrg, Everstring, LinkedIn, Salesloft, Hubspot, etc.)
· Thorough understanding of the sales cycle to assist in coordinating sales functions including prospecting and lead research.
· Positive attitude and demonstrated ability find a way to win.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills along with excellent listening skills.
· Demonstrated ability to develop rapport, influence others, and maintain strong working relationships.
· Demonstrated ability to explain complex issues/solutions clearly and succinctly.
· Self-motivated, persistent, and able to work independently.
· Experience in supporting or coordinating prospective client and/or sales events.
· Experience in the software as a service (SaaS) or internet technology industry.