Title: Senior Software Engineer
Position Classification: Exempt
Supervisor: Derrick Olson
Location: West Fargo, ND, USA
Remote: Not Eligible
The Senior Software Engineer holds the responsibility to design and build scalable solutions which comprise the Intelligent InSites software system. This includes an Enterprise core, hardware/software and software/software integrations and mobile applications. This position is responsible for being a leader in extending the current system and well as designing new solutions for the system as a whole.
• Design, develop, test, support scalable applications in an Agile development environment;
• Maintain and extend the current framework;
• Mentor other technical professionals in the areas of architecture, design, and code;
• Estimate effort required to complete tasks given a set of requirements;
• Design and develop solutions based on technical requirements;
• Learn about, and understand, various software platforms and tools;
• Work in a team environment as well as independently;
• Produce design, user guide and deployment documentation;
• Provide escalation support deployed products;
• Collaborate within the engineering group and subject matter experts to balance usability, performance and security needs.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• BS Computer Science degree or related work experience required;
• 5+ years’ experience in software development, preferably either Java or C#;
• 3+ years technical leadership experience in a team setting;
• Experience with design/development concepts such as High Availability/Concurrency/Code Reusability/Security;
• Experience with source code repo platforms such as GitHub and bitbucket;
• Experience in consuming and exposing web service APIs;
• Experience in a variety of networking protocols such as HTTP/S, TCP/UDP, S/FTP;
• Experience with AMQP products such as RabbitMQ and Kafka;
• Experience with relational database platforms such as MS SQL and SQLite;
• Ability to handle being assigned to multiple projects at a time;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Able to travel outside of the U.S.;
• Excellent customer and customer relationship skills;
• Strong presentation skills and proven presentation experience;
• Ability to adapt to change and take on new responsibilities;
• Mobile application development experience a real plus.
Travel: < 10% travel required
Physical Requirements: Occasional lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently may be required. Walking, standing, and bending to a significant degree or sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arm and/or leg controls may be required. Must be able to operate typical office equipment. Ability to work in the Fargo, ND office from Monday through Friday.
Other Requirements: Must be able to speak, read and comprehend, and adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
Employer: We are an at-will employer.
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer.