What you will be doing
As a Technical writer you will be responsible for producing high quality and understandable documentation for our existing SDKs. As feature sets expand it is imperative our docs are always up to date with current releases. Your primary focus will be to improve the success and adoption of our products. Working closely with developers, designers, product teams, and clients will be expected and ensure success in the role. Excellent written skills are required to effectively gather and disseminate technical information to all stakeholders.
- Study product examples and sample applications
- Communicate with product designers and developers to fully understand the product
- Collaborate with technical staff
- Analyze and maintain existing documentation, produce future documentation
- Research and collect usability feedback from customers
As a member of the team, you must be excited to grow with Stream. At our core, we are a startup -- you should be able to act quickly and thrive in uncertainty. A keen eye for detail is essential for success in this role.
- 2+ years of technical experience as a writer, engineer, or similar role
- ability to read, understand, explain API contracts
- ability to translate highly technical information into easily understandable information for a wide range of developer skill set
- creative eye for diagrams, charts, or drawings to increase user understanding
- excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- team player
- focused, self-starter, and excel in environments with low supervision
- critical thinker and methodical problem-solving skills
- superior time management skills
Don’t fall into all of the requirements? You don’t have to match every bullet as long as you can grow into the role and provide value to the team.
- software engineering or coding experience
- Computer Science degree
- public technical blog
- open source software contributions
Our tech stack
At Stream we use a wide collection of technologies to offer highly optimized and available features to our customers. Here is a short list of the technology that we currently use:
- Go, gRPC, RocksDB, Python
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ
- AWS, Puppet, CloudFormation
- Grafana, Graphite, ELK, Jaeger
- Redis, Memcached
What we have to offer you
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A competitive salary
- Company equity
- (A contribution to) health insurance
- Weekly team lunches (onsite)
- Plenty of snacks and fancy coffee/teas (onsite)
- Fitness stipend (Amsterdam or US)
- The possibility to visit our US or Amsterdam office
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. We're open, friendly, encouraging and supportive (while we crush our competition and fuel crazy growth).
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
No recruiters/agencies please