What you will be doing
The accountabilities of the Head of People include recruiting, HR, employee experience, growth, and support of our people, culture advocacy, DEIB (diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging), and more. We expect that roughly 50% of the time will be working on talent/people strategy and execution, and 50% on sourcing and recruiting for Stream as we grow. The HoP will join our management team and will partner with our C-Suite on vision.
We’re looking for a multidisciplinary professional who is able to evolve the experience for our employees, our culture, and our hiring. The HoP is a strategic leader who delivers transparent programs as an advocate for our culture and our people.
As the Head of People at Stream, we would want you to:
Strategy and Vision
- Set the strategic vision for Talent/People by managing the strategy and processes related to building and retaining an exceptional team of professionals
- Contribute to the overall vision for the company, including advising on company goals, business plan, priorities, and strategic outcomes
- Make complex decisions, influence effectively and authentically, communicate with excellence and empathy
- Evaluate and select the ideal processes, practices, and tools to facilitate our Talent/People/Culture work (for managing feedback and reviews, measuring engagement, applicant tracking for recruiting, etc)
- Take a hands-on execution role in sourcing candidates who will be interested in the open roles for our Boulder and US remote roles. You will supervise an in-house recruiter from the Boulder office.
- Build a scalable recruiting capability: work to hiring plan, run the recruiting process (review, screen, and select candidates through the process), be data and metrics-driven, determine salary, and make offers/rejections to candidates.
- Work with marketing to promote careers at Stream.
- Train hiring managers on interview and evaluation of best practices, and bias.
- Ensure hiring reflects our commitment to DEIB.
Growth of our people
- Determine vision, content, and cadence for performance reviews and personal feedback
- Facilitate performance reviews process, and determine levels evaluation
- Set, adjust and manage compensation
- Select and train sponsors/career mentors and manage the sponsor program
- Manage training, coaching and development opportunities, employment changes and accommodations, and the experience from hire to alum
- Manage Human Resources
Culture and Engagement
- Facilitate culture work and be accountable for employee experience
- Develop relationships and build community in order to drive engagement
- Foster a culture of feedback, select systems, and training
- Track engagement from our employees and work to gain fresh insights into how we can equip them for success
- Promote our company values
- Facilitate DEIB as a lens through which we work
Experience in a similar role is highly preferred, but if you think you are the right fit for us, we want to hear from you! Avoid the confidence gap, you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply.
You will have a strong point of view and philosophy for how we should grow and adapt to provide the best employee experience. You have a proven ability to hire the right people for the right seats. You are focused on DEIB. You are humble and curious, and you are willing to be wrong about your ideas because you know that the path to creating a great community is paved in collaboration and listening.
You are an experienced professional who has worked in leadership roles and helped organizations grow through the transition from 50 employees to hundreds. You’ll sit on our management team, working closely with other company leaders to set and execute company strategy.
Key point -> You've worked in the role in SaaS companies and understand the unique challenges and needs of a rapidly growing software company.
What we have to offer you
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A competitive salary
- Company equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision 100% covered by Stream for employee (and discounted for dependents)
- Weekly team lunches (Boulder)
- Plenty of snacks and fancy coffee/teas (Boulder)
- Fitness stipend (Boulder)
- Pearl Street, Boulder office
- The possibility to visit our office in Amsterdam
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. We're open, friendly, encouraging, and supportive (while we crush our competition and fuel crazy growth). If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
No recruiters/agencies please