Avalara is looking for a Director of the Solutions Consulting group in EMEA.
A key function in the continued growth of the region, Solutions Consulting is primarily responsible for supporting new business Sales and Customer Loyalty with pre-sales activities including presentations, software demonstrations and workshops.
As the tax and product subject matter experts, the team also provides internal training, feedback to Product Management on the changing requirements in the market and general support for the organisation where required.
The successful candidate will need to have vast indirect tax technology experience, preferably in the area of pre-sales, and be a strong leader. Managing a very talented and successful group, the role requires someone that can develop, inspire and grow the team as Avalara continues along its astronomical growth path.
The Solutions Consulting Director will need to be a thought-leader offering expertise to internal stakeholders and externally at industry events. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the role requires strategic and tactical thinking to help the Sales group achieve its goals.
At a time of great evolution in indirect tax, it is the perfect time to be involved in something exciting and transformative. Tax technology is no longer the future, it is the present.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading and coaching a team of experienced Solutions Consultants
- Selects and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Key member of the Sales leadership group
- Oversees pre-sales technical support strategy.
- Continues to develop tax and product training plans internally
- Provide thought-leadership internally and to the industry
- Works with Marketing on campaigns
- Feeds back to Product Management to improve existing products and define new products.
- May provide product feasibility analysis in support of sales efforts with sales representatives.
- Work closely with the US SC team to share learnings and provide support where needed
- Provides regular pre-sales support where required
- Flexibility in regard to location.
- Big 4 experience ideally. Indirect Tax Technology experience.
- Driven change, managed scale.
- SaaS experience preferable.
- Tax Tech preferred but not essential.
- Leadership experience – ability to lead, inspire and grow the team.
- Entrepreneurial approach to growing the team, and building within the region.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com