We're building the next generation of services and APIs to support distributing Content to the entire company and are looking for a collaborative team player to join us! We are creating new APIs to parse and process a wide variety of data types as a part of our suite of Content Platform.
You will be responsible for progressing the development of our Content Platform that is responsible for receiving and delivering data. This position is well suited to a software engineer who has a desire to solve problems with technology and enjoys building reliable and performant systems.
- Experience with Mapping APIs or working directly with GIS data
- 6+ Years of experience in Software Engineering
- Experience with Data Warehousing and ETL processes
- Experience with designing and documenting REST APIs
- Experience with Postgres or other RDBS
- Solid Understanding of API security fundamentals
- Experience with distributed source control tools and development workflow (git experience is ideal, but source control alternatives are OK too)
- Thorough understanding of testing strategies and tools
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Implementing event streams
- Understanding PostGIS
- No SQL Solutions and when to use them
- Exposure to GraphQL
- AWS or similar cloud infrastructure (GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Understands what to look for and how to make a code review productive
- Integration Testing
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment setups (Jenkins or similar)
- Previous experience working with transaction tax, customs brokerage, VAT or similar Exposure
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.