This role will partner with the EMEA sales organization to help build the most efficient sales engine in the SaaS industry. The strategic role will use data to make the right decisions to drive growth, sales productivity, and fulfillment of sales targets. The ideal candidate has deep experience supporting sales teams going through rapid growth. Areas of ownership include tracking and measuring the lead to ops to close pipeline, operationalization & optimization of the sales process from quote to order to SaaS billing, ownership of SFDC reporting, sales process planning, KPI dashboards, price management & promotion operationalization.
The Director of International Sale Operations will tackle key questions such as:
- Is our sales coverage appropriate in anticipation of business evolution over future quarters?
- Are our incentive plans and rules of engagement driving the right behavior?
- How do we restructure sales teams and territory plans?
- How can improve the pipeline volume, quality and conversion rates?
- Are we using modern lead scoring and propensity models to track up-sell and cross-sell opportunities?
- Are we focused on the right accounts and segments to upsell and cross-sell?
- Do we have the right dashboards to track and measure our business in real-time?
- Do we need to realign marketing campaigns to address our pipeline gaps?
- How do we drive better productivity from the sales team?
- How do we set up our salespeople for success?
- How do we drive more outbound activity?
- What onboarding programs are delivering the best results?
- Drive & support planning efforts covering sales strategy, quota setting, team structure, distribution of accounts, territory definition, and sales compensation for different stripes of sales teams including sales managers, upsell, and ADR and Outbound teams.
- Enforce best practise for CRM/SFDC usage, improve data collection, and set up best-of-breed reports and sales analytics utilizing SFDC and Tableau to deliver timely and effective support for fast paced sales motions in a rapidly growing, high volume sales environment.
- Ensure accurate forecasts and sales pipelines are available to the Executive Management team by sales team, geography, industry, and other categories as needed to analyze and report on bookings, revenue forecasting, and sales performance, and ROI of new sales initiatives.
- Implement processes, programs and tools to accelerate sales performance by leveraging capabilities for self-prospecting, market intelligence, and lead scoring using AI tools.
- Runs weekly forecast meetings with the sales leadership. Continually assess current sales attainment and capacity constraints and anticipate roadblocks to efficiency and goal attainment.
- Drive the creation of a Deal Desk to streamline and automate approvals based on set rules, provide deal support for complex deals, and enable the team to close complex deals faster.
- Act as a liaison between Sales, Marketing, Product, and Finance teams to facilitate successful roll out of new products, programs and promotions ensuring an efficient sales process for launch.
- Align with marketing on top of funnel measurements, funnel economics, and anticipate leads and opportunity gaps.
- Lead the development and implementation of sales onboarding, training strategies, programs, and curriculum for the sales organization to increase sales efficiency, performance, and ramp-up new sales talent faster.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A proven track record in high-growth sales organizations as part of Sales Operations team (SaaS experience highly desirable)
- Mastery over SFDC and dashboarding tools such as Tableau, PowerBI or Domo, with proven skills to analyze sales data and making recommendations to multiple key stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Strong time management skills with aptitude to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Self-starter with the ability to execute day-to-day with limited supervision.
- Strong Excel skills
- Experienced in developing process and workflow, with an emphasis on efficiency and continuous improvement
- Undergrad in Finance/Business is desired
- Diplomatic, positive, can-do attitude and focused on problem solving
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com