As a software architect at Avalara you’ll be part of a dedicated architecture team leading and driving technology standards across the company. From being a permanent participant in our Architectural Review Board to building new and exploratory proof of concept projects your opportunity to make an impact will be huge. If you like a fast-paced environment with the opportunity to help shape a product, its architecture, as well as development standards and processes, this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
- Assist in the development of key and senior level features and solutions.
- Drive and lead proof of concept projects to construct data driven proofs that specific design concepts and strategies work as expected.
- Be a prodigious author in the documentation of architectural decisions, design recommendations, customer facing whitepapers, and research.
- Assist with and be an active member of our patent and IP development process.
- Act as a mentor to other engineers and team members, share your skills and expertise, encourage creativity and innovation!
- Understand how software design and architecture impact the goals of the business.
- Be a key contributor and member of Avalara’s Architecture Review Board.
- Analyze and attribute key operational requirements into cohesive design patterns.
- Help set a standard and set an example for high quality code review and analysis.
- Develop new implementations of data driven technology stacks.
- Implement best SaaS practices across the enterprise.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
- Shipped customer facing software in at least 2 core languages such as C, C++, C#, Java, etc.
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- Advanced knowledge of computer science theory such as state machine implementation, loop invariant proofs, and advanced data structures.
- Working knowledge and experience of databases and other data persistence layers from low level implementation details on up.
- Experience implementing large scale & low latency caching layers.
- Extensive experience implementing service architecture in cloud-based environments such as AWS.
- Understanding of various coding methods and computer languages
- Data modeling and database design experience
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA)
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com