Avalara is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on our on-premise platform for tax determination at the edge to complement our cloud offering.
We are evolving our on-premise platform and looking for motivated people to join us on this journey. Come be part of it!
A successful candidate will be a well-rounded software engineer with a proven track record of delivering software at scale in an agile environment.
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and mentoring
- Work smart and understand how your solutions impact the goals of the business
- Be introspective, always trying to improve yourself and the team around you
- Identify and implement best practices for coding as well as development processes
- Participate on an agile team – including design, development, test automation, planning, backlog grooming and support
- Work with product owner to review requirements
- Design and develop scalable software components
- Design and develop integrations with other systems at Avalara and with external financial institutions.
- Support our production platform, including troubleshooting & bug fixes
- Communicate potential risks, delays, concerns and status to manager
- Own features from inception stage through production deployment and operation
- 8+ years software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with cloud computing (AWS/Azure)
- Outstanding problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design & development and common design patterns
- Ability to clearly communicate
- Proven ability to make things happen and meet commitments
- Experience working on agile development teams
- Experience in designing and building scalable micro service architecture
- Experience in working with relational databases (MySql, SQL Server, PostgresSQL)
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com