As the Director of Partnerships, you will build from zero and scale When I Work’s Partnership Program with accountability & ownership for revenue outcomes as a meaningful driver of growth. You have a proven track record of growing revenue through strategic alliance partnerships, creating a positive partner experience for all involved. You are excellent at keeping everyone on the same page at all times, ensuring that external partners and internal teams are aligned and maximizing the business impact of the partnership. You are a self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, ready to take on the challenge of building a new & exciting growth lever for When I Work.
What You’ll Be Doing
As the Director of Partnerships, you will be responsible for creating, identifying & developing strategic alliance partnership opportunities, understanding the value proposition and contributions of each party. You will manage both internal and external stakeholders from strategy to execution.
- Deeply understand When I Work’s products in order to successfully represent When I Work in external meetings. Educate and sell prospects on the value proposition of partnering with When I Work.
- Manage pipeline of partners including identifying, prospecting, outreach, assessment, alignment, negotiations, & close.
- Align incentives for partners and When I Work, structuring deals and negotiating contracts that satisfy both parties.
- Collaborate with When I Work executive team to create alignment and commitment on key partnership goals.
- Evaluate and report on business impact of partnership.
- Be the liaison between external partners and internal teams
- Lead and coordinate partnership efforts across the organization ensuring success through product development, detailed go-to-market plans, and sales enablement.
- Create positive partner experiences driving excitement, alignment, and growth.
- Ultimately accountable for owning growth and new revenue at the organization through rapidly building, iterating, and learning through strategic partnership alliances.
- Willing to Travel
Experience and Skills Needed
- 6+ years professional experience in a quota carrying role with the majority of the experience working specifically in software, tech, and/or related industries
- 3+ years experience in a strategic alliance partnerships role
- Some SaaS, B2B experience required
- Proven track of establishing and growing a partnership program
- Track record of achieving goals and quotas
- Demonstrated ability to structure business plans and negotiate deals with business partners
- Proven ability to communicate with senior executives about partnership strategy, go-to-market plans, ROI, and more based off a rapidly evolving strategy
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent collaboration and relationship building skills with an ability to engage and influence internal and external teams
- Ability to adapt and solve challenges quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-starter, energetic multi-tasker, highly motivated and team player
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-growth startup environment with evolving responsibilities
What Would Be Awesome To Have
- Experience in workforce management software solutions
- Experience building partnership alliances that sell into healthcare, hospitality, retail, and/or restaurant
What’s In It For You
- Employee Stock Options
- Professional development allowance
- Paid parental leave
- Medical benefits - employee premiums paid 100% by WIW
- Dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- 401K Match
- Transit Pass or parking stipend
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Casual dress code
- Dynamic and dedicated team
Sound Like a Good Fit?
We’d love to talk to you! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position).
- Cover letter including:
- an overview of your existing experience
- a convincing reason why you’d like to work at When I Work.
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.