We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to work on our complex architecture and operations. You will work closely with our team of software developers. Stream runs dozens of servers across multiple data-centers and hosting providers. You'll take responsibility for the overall stability, scalability and growth of our infrastructure.
- Enjoy solving scalability challenges by thinking out of the box and having a strong understanding of the underlying technology.
- Want to work at the core of technology that powers the feed for over 500 million end users.
- Understand that working at a startup is demanding, but you like that you won't have to deal with layers of management to get things done.
- Are excited to be part of an exceptional team with years of experience in this domain.
In this position you will:
- Provide, deploy and maintain production infrastructure and services running mainly on AWS
- Implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Implement operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Professional experience in Linux systems administration (5+ years)
- Experience in performing OS minimization and hardening of a Linux system
- Strong understanding of IP-based networking and security protocols (e.g. TLS, SSL, etc.)
- Good understanding of AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, Cloudformation, etc)
- Experience with configuration management system (e.g. Puppet, SALT, Fabric Ansible, etc)
- Familiarity with shell scripting (i.e. Bash and Python) and versioning tools (i.e. Git)
- Familiarity with monitoring and operating relational database systems, in particular Postgres
- Experience with Nginx web server technologies
- Experience with Cassandra, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with Python and Golang
- Experience with distributed databases
- Experience with GCE
Our tech stack:
- Golang + gRPC
- Jaeger + ScyllaDB
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- Competitive salary (listed salary indications are applicable to employment in the Netherlands)
- Company equity
- Healthy team lunches
- Chance to meet our team in Boulder
- Great espresso coffee and teas
- Office location in the center of Amsterdam
- Be surrounded daily by a team of exceptional engineers
- Opportunity and support to attend and/or present to industry-related conferences and meetups
- Opportunity to work on OSS projects