Senior Data Engineer at Cybrary
Washington, DC, US
Are you a big fish in a small data pond? With over two million members skilling up on our career development platform, Cybrary is awash in data and looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our growing Data Science team.
Cybrary is data-driven and our Data Science team is central to much of what we do and why. As a Senior Data Engineer at Cybrary, you will be expected to work independently and within multi-functional teams taking on various challenges across the business and platform. You will have opportunities to work with our Growth team improving user acquisition, our Product Development team creating in-app user experiences and features, our Sales and Marketing teams increasing operational efficiency, our Executive team providing insights, and much more.
What you will do
- Own data visualizations and dashboards to track key business metrics over time
- Develop anomaly detection, monitoring, and alerting systems to enable near real-time response by stakeholders
- Support all aspects of the business by providing data-informed insights and recommendations
- Create and analyze rich datasets aggregated from a variety of diverse sources
- Automate ETL pipelines that enrich and standardize data
- Model in-app behavior to drive positive outcomes for our users
- Model customer behavior to optimize lead acquisition, prioritization, and conversion
- Design and implement analytic solutions both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Identify opportunities for data-informed solutions throughout the company
Skills you bring
- Minimum of 3 years of Data Science/Engineering experience
- Expertise with Python, SQL, RESTful APIs, and Datastores
- Proficient parsing, enriching, normalizing, and joining disparate data sources
- Experience data modeling and applying analytic techniques
- Familiarity with GitHub, AWS Lambda, AWS SQS, Salesforce, or equivalent technologies a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, drive, and a proven ability to work independently or as part of a team
- B.S. in a Data Science-related discipline preferred
Cybrary is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.