The Sales Development Specialist offers the opportunity to learn and grow in a sales capacity while progressing into an Inside Sales Associate.
- Identify, prospect, develop and qualify leads within designated territory to be handed off to the sales team.
- Follow-up with leads from various sources including prospects from the website, purchased leads, webinar attendees, customer referrals, and older leads within our existing database.
- Manage live chat function via our website for new, interested prospects, moving qualified leads to the sales team.
- Provide support and follow-up via phone and email to inquiring leads.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What you’ll need to have/Competencies:
- Make data-driven decisions
- Enroll and inspire to achieve goals
- Exceptional cross-functional collaborator and communicator
- Assist in assessing risk, benefits, and consideration of alternatives. Experiment continuously.
- Communicate clear written and verbal messages effectively.
- Identify barriers to effective collaboration and escalate issues if unable to resolve
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, constantly changing environment. Organize the work.
- Passion towards continued excellence, within team dynamics and stakeholder partnerships. Co-create plans that align.
- An innate sense of purpose that keeps energy and outputs high even when there are many “irons in the fire” Visualize the future
- Master communicator (written, oral, presentation, etc.)
- A burning passion for helping small businesses succeed
- 2+ years of experience in phone-based customer support, sales or lead qualification
- Demonstrates resilience and the aptitude to drive results
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Strong customer focus with the ability to quickly instill trust
- Demonstrates the ability to make multiple phone calls a day and has the courage to speak with cold or warm leads
- Exhibits strong business insights
- Capability to plan and align work with quota goals and broader organizational goals
- Experience working with small businesses or have a small business background
- Bachelor Degree Preferred
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, anytime between the hours of 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.