Total Expert’s mission is to drive growth by making customer relationships human again. As a private, rapidly growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) company, we provide the first modern, web-based, enterprise-level Marketing Operating System (MOS) that enables financial services organizations and their brands to stay ahead of how consumers expect to communicate, shop, and manage their financial lives in the digital/social era. Today, more than 100 customers in both lending and financial services firms, including eight of America's top 15 lenders, leverage Total Expert's Marketing Operating System to create customers for life by blending human relationships with digital simplicity.
Why choose Total Expert? At Total Expert, we strive for excellence, innovation and customer success at all times. Our most successful people have a “teamwork makes the dream work” mindset, can operate with a strong sense of urgency, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are solution orientated.
We are being recognized! In 2019, Total Expert made the Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing companies in the country at spot #105 and was the 2nd fastest-growing Minneapolis-based company on the list. In addition to being awarded a Top Workplace by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune (2018, 2019), we have also been recognized as a HousingWire Tech100 and Minne Inno 50 on Fire award winner in 2019.
The Learning Experience Designer position will report to the Manager of Instructional Solutions Development. This role will be part of the dynamic, collaborative Training and Engagement Team, responsible for driving high-impact, customer-focused learning solutions in a fast-paced, growth environment.
This experienced Instructional Designer will approach their work with a client-focused, consultative methodology. This strong individual contributor will work with minimal supervision to identify learning opportunities, create various learning materials as well as scope and manage training projects to implement short and longer-term solutions.
The work you do will empower tens of thousands of financial services leaders to help their customers make critical financial decisions that shape their lives.
Exciting work you’ll do:
- Manage small to large training-related projects including identifying project goals, creating a written plan, identifying stakeholders, collaborating with subject matter experts, setting milestones, creating course materials, and achieving desired outcomes in a timely manner.
- Prepare internal staff and external customers for new software functionality. Support the ongoing software release process by prioritizing changes, creating materials and courses to address needs, and making sure that training materials are available for all identified learning audiences.
- Develop employee-facing and customer-facing learning experiences, including creating job aids, videos, instructor-led courses, blended learning, and eLearning.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts to create, refine, and maintain training and engagement learning assets and processes.
- Assess training effectiveness through collection of metrics and reporting.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and subject matter experts throughout the Total Expert organization to ensure an integrated product support and knowledge system.
- Collaborate with Implementation Managers, Customer Success Managers, Technical Writers, and Software Training and Engagement Consultants to create learning experiences for customer-specific training.
- Adhere to, and help continually refine, Total Expert’s training standards.
- Complete training administration activities in a timely manner.
- Leverage a Learning Management System to coordinate learning and engagement activities. This will include higher-level project planning, executing strategic and tactical plans, and day-to-day LMS administration.
- Work at least 40 hours per week in the office in the Twin Cities area.
What we look for:
- Passionate about building great products, innovation and solving complex customer problems.
- Solid track record of building relationships and collaborating at all levels of the organization.
- Will thrive in startup culture: Has a growth mindset, resilient, adaptable and curious.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a part of a high-performing, collaborative team in a high-growth organization.
- Able to leverage platform knowledge and Total Expert instructional design standards to create the framework for customer-facing courses with minimal subject matter expert assistance.
- Think strategically and act tactically to quickly implement short-term solutions while working towards building strategically sound long-term solutions.
- Ability to be comfortable with ambiguity, change, and evolving priorities in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Keep current on Total Expert software functionality, the mortgage industry, the real estate industry, the financial services industry, instructional design concepts and adult education principles.
- Possess a strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, and meet deadlines with quality work.
- Consultative skills and approach to instructional design work.
- Ability to follow identified training design and delivery best practices.
- Strong presentation and communication skills to influence and negotiate solutions.
- 2 or more years of experience in a technical training capacity
- 2 or more years of experience in instructional design in a technical capacity
- 2 or more years of experience working in a B2B software environment
- Ability to create performance-based learning objectives, instructional design documents, wireframes or mock-ups, and other design prototypes
- Experience successfully delivering training content to groups
- Demonstrated familiarity with a wide variety of instructional design models, best practices, and principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Mortgage/Financial Services industry knowledge a plus