Vice President of Customer Success at Total Expert
Minneapolis, MN, US
Total Expert is looking for a Vice President of Customer Success to join their team, reporting directly to the Chief Customer Officer. You will own and drive success outcomes for all Total Expert customers. The right person is going to be a strategic and empathetic leader. As a customer-obsessed executive at Total Expert, you’ll be a hands-on champion of customer experience, developing a best-in-class team with the goal of helping our customers win.
Office Location: HQ (Minneapolis, MN)
*Relocation and/or sponsorship are unavailable*
What you’ll do:
- Drive growth, revenue and retention through expansion of existing accounts.
- Leverage business metrics and customer feedback to help build, implement and enforce a repeatable process for both customer management and support of products.
- Proactively escalate wins / news / events / issues / trends to CCO, acting as the voice of the customer by providing visibility on real-time issues or emerging concerns.
- Advocate for customer and customer success team by communicating challenges / roadblocks at executive level.
- Provide consistent visibility to customer / operational metrics plus analysis of trends, working closely with the VP of Customer Operations.
- Execute the strategic vision for the Customer Success and Customer Operations teams to enhance the experience of our customers, ensuring a strong sense of urgency.
- Set the long-term vision for the Customer Success team by analyzing the current state, identifying areas of improvement and implementing innovative ideas to benefit the customer experience.
- Guide team in diagnosis of customer needs and issues, translating those needs into actionable solutions and follow up.
- Responsible for Customer Success and Customer Operations KPI’s, along with assisting in the prioritization of work and monitoring team performance.
- Drive the reporting around ROI of Total Expert and equip Customer Success team to consistently communicate this to customers.
- Provide oversight of customer retention/renewal strategy & the operational plan; will determine needs of the customer success team in order to achieve success.
- Handle customer escalations in a timely manner and with a process that keeps the customer’s satisfaction at the forefront, while also maintaining Total Expert’s standards and expectations.
- Develop relationships with Total Expert customer executives, administrators and champions, understanding the market and their pain points.
- Work closely with internal teams across Total Expert to ensure satisfaction, adoption and expanded use across all levels of customer size and complexity.
- Oversee the development and execution of tiered strategic account plans with knowledge of the customer’s market and business objectives.
- Follow and manage to our Total Expert Success Principles.
What you’ll have:
- 10+ years of experience leading customer success team in SaaS.
- Financial services industry expertise preferred.
- Impeccable follow up and strong sense of urgency, ability to drive to outcome.
- Resilience, flexibility and positive energy – the ability and passion to go above-and-beyond when needed – embracing a start-up environment
- Analytical mindset with a deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Experience in creating a performance and metrics focused team
- Proven ability to develop and grow relationships, internally and externally.
- Experience developing, motivating and mentoring a customer success team capable of setting and meeting ambitious goals.
- Emotional intelligence to read between the lines and communicate appropriately when handling customer escalation and resolution.
- Ability to travel to customer sites and events on short notice.
- Strong communication, organization and presentation skills.