Total Expert is a private, rapidly growing company that strives for excellence and innovation at all times. Our most successful people operate with a strong sense of urgency, are naturally curious, always look to help solve problems across the organization.
Total Expert is a fintech software pioneer of the first modern, enterprise-level Marketing Operating System (MOS) that enables financial services organizations to create customers or members for life by re-humanizing complex financial decisions. We ensure financial brands stay ahead of how consumers expect to communicate, shop, and manage their financial lives in the digital/social era. For more information, visit totalexpert.com.
Total Expert was named a 2018 TECH100 recipient by HousingWire, a Top Workplace by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune (2018, 2019) and named the fastest-growing software company in Minnesota in 2018 by the Inc. 500.
We are looking to geographically expand our team and are searching for multiple Senior Fullstack Software Engineers to join our growing Engineering Team! In this position you’ll work directly with an agile practicing team of Software, QA, Product, Data, and DevOps team members to expand and support our growing Total Expert SaaS platform and integrations. On our Engineering team you’ll be making critical architectural decisions that impact the capabilities, reliability, and scalability of our SaaS platform as you build new web-based user interfaces, expand our APIs and micro-services, footprint and refactoring both front-end and back-end systems to scale with our growth. We’re looking a full stack engineer who excels at creating software in all layers of a web platform, understands databases and SQL, and is passionate about using cutting edge SaaS web-based technologies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with other Software Engineers, QAs, and Product Team members solving challenging and unique problems within the Marketing Technology domain on a SaaS technology footprint.
- Developing new features for large-scale web applications and API’s.
- Optimizing software and architectures with a goal of improving performance and scalability.
- Providing input into the architecture and design of the platform; collaborating with the team in solving problems the right way.
- Participate in agile ceremonies including daily standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and iteration planning.
- Reviewing pull requests and providing mentorship to team members.
- Participating in team-based knowledge sharing opportunities and contributing to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of Total Expert’s Engineering team.
- Enthusiasm to work within a startup where every day can be a new adventure
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience in a team-based environment
- Web based development experience with PHP, OR a strong proficiency in any web programming language and have a desire to branch out into PHP
- Experience with asynch message queue technologies and approaches using RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, or Kafka as examples
- Systems/DevOps knowledge and experience with CI/CD setups and automation will be also valuable
- Experience writing automated unit tests using an established unit testing framework
- Experience developing against SQL databases such as MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server
- Team based development experience team-based tooling such as Jira, Git, etc
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field