Senior Fullstack Software Engineer at Total Expert
Minneapolis, MN, US
Total Expert is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company that provides the first modern, web-based, enterprise-level Marketing Operating System built specifically for banking and mortgage. Eight of the top 15 mortgage lenders in the country use Total Expert. Total Expert was named a 2018 TECH100 recipient by HousingWire, a 2018 Top Workplace by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune and named the fastest-growing software company in Minnesota in 2018 by the Inc. 500.
We are looking for a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering Team! In this position you’ll work directly with a team of Software, QA, Data, and DevOps team members to expand and support the Total Expert platform and integrations. Whether it's building out new API’s, microservices or refactoring a backend system to scale with our growth, as a member of the Engineering team you'll be making critical architectural decisions that impact the productivity, reliability, and scalability of SaaS platform. We’re looking a full stack engineer who excels at creating software in all layers of a web platform, understands databases and SQL, and is passionate about using cutting edge SaaS web-based technologies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with other Software Engineers, QAs, and Product Team members solving challenging and unique problems within the Marketing Technology domain on a SaaS technology footprint.
- Developing new features for large-scale web applications and API’s.
- Optimizing software and architectures with a goal of improving performance and scalability.
- Providing input into the architecture and design of the platform; collaborating with the team in solving problems the right way.
- Participate in agile ceremonies including daily standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and iteration planning.
- Reviewing pull requests and providing mentorship to team members.
- Participating in team-based knowledge sharing opportunities and contributing to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of Total Expert’s Engineering team.
- Enthusiasm to work within a startup where every day can be a new adventure
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience in a team-based environment
- Web based development experience with PHP, OR a strong proficiency in any web programming language and have a desire to branch out into PHP
- Experience with asynch message queue technologies and approachs using RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, or Kafka as examples
- Systems/DevOps knowledge and experience with CI/CD setups and automation will be also valuable
- Experience writing automated unit tests using an established unit testing framework
- Experience developing against SQL databases such as MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server
- Team based development experience team-based tooling such as Jira, Git, etc
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field