*We are open to a remote employee filling this role and considering this a nationwide search.
As a Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer, you’ll be working alongside our product development team to ensure that When I Work’s product is of the highest quality and that the end-user has the best possible experience. You have the desire to contribute to something meaningful and the curiosity to solve even the most complex of problems. You are thrilled to be a part of a culture where your desire to learn and grow is valued and taking initiative is not only encouraged, but expected.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will be working with the latest automation technology to write, run, and analyze tests.
- Write and execute automated tests on multiple platforms (Web, iOS, and Android)
- Work with developers and product managers to verify functional and non-functional requirements through automated and manual testing
- Write and execute test plans for existing and new products
- Communicate test results and status to all members of the project team
Experience and Skills Needed
- 3+ years QA and/or Software Development experience
- Experience testing in iOS, Android, PHP and React development environments
- Ruby experience is preferred, but background in any/all programming languages is sufficient
- Real-world experience ensuring the highest possible quality of mobile and web apps, and an ability to see apps from the user’s perspective
- Knowledge of creating crash logs and tickets, documenting details, and re-creating and investigating errors
- Ability to refine QA process, including documentation, determining essential usability tests and evaluating tools that could enhance testing process
- Ability to effectively manage entire quality process, with strong attentiveness to detail
- Strong technical and analytical skills; ability to understand complex systems and design tests around integration and interface points
What Would Be Awesome To Have
- Technical experience with accessibility testing tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- Experience developing/maintaining automation frameworks
- Experience developing front end applications
What’s In It For You
- Professional development allowance
- Paid parental leave
- Medical benefits - employee premiums paid 100% by WIW
- Dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- 401K Match
- Transit Pass or parking stipend
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Casual dress code
- Dynamic and dedicated team
Sound Like a Good Fit?
We’d love to talk to you! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position).
- Cover letter including:
- an overview of your existing QA and/or Engineering experience
- a convincing reason why you’d like to work at When I Work
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.