Lead Mobile Developer at Stream
We are looking for an exceptionally talented and experienced mobile developer to join Stream as lead mobile developer.
What you’ll be doing
You will spend most of your day coding and then managing our SDK mobile library projects with the rest of the development team.
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is very diverse in age, nationality and we all have different backgrounds. Our team in Amsterdam is very focused, you will see us heads-down coding or drawing complex charts on whiteboards; until we pop up momentarily to have a chat or play merciless games of ping-pong. When it comes to software engineering our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality; our goal is to deliver stable software that focuses on solving only the right problems. While driven by ambitious visions we execute with great pragmatism.
Working at Stream as a lead mobile developer, you will spend most of your time writing code. Other responsibilities will include managing mobile projects and make sure that we provide a consistent and high quality experience across all platforms and languages (ie. React Native, iOS/Swift, Android/Java, Android/Kotlin).
- 5 years of experience
- Experience integrating with REST APIs
- Publishing apps to Google Play
- Experience with TDD and CI
Nice to have
- React Native
- Experience leading a development team
- Experience building and maintaining open-source libraries
Our Amsterdam office is located in the TQ tech space in the heart of the city. It's a fantastic building with all the amenities you'd expect. There's a cafe upstairs, a shared lunch area and a sports room with table tennis and badminton.
The Hiring Process
1. First contact. We’ll tell you more about the company, the work that we do, and why we think Stream is a great place to work. This is a great time for you to ask us questions. We will also have some basic technical and practical questions to make sure we have a first match.
2. Tech interview. We’ll put you in the same room with our CTO and another team member for an in-depth technical conversations. We are going to challenge your practical abilities in areas like problem solving, web applications, database design and software design in general. You will not have to write code at this time.
3. In-person interviews. At this point we have a good understanding of your technical skills, it that looks like a good fit, we’ll bring you in to meet with the rest of the team.
4. The offer. If you made it this far, we are only a signature away from your first day at Stream!
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Healthy lunches with the rest of the team
- Chance to meet our team in Boulder
- Great espresso coffee and teas
- Office location in the center of Amsterdam
- Be surrounded daily by a team of exceptional engineers
- Opportunity and support to attend and/or present to industry related conferences and meetups
- Opportunity to work on OSS projects