*We are open to a remote employee filling this role and considering this a nationwide search.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will help build a product that hundreds of thousands of hourly employees and managers use everyday to work better together. Your ideas and code will be put into production and used all over the world. You are ready to challenge and be challenged with a highly functional team. You enjoy learning new frameworks and technologies, and working within constraints to build an awesome user experience for our customers. You work quickly and efficiently without compromising user experience and are ready to cycle through the think-> build -> implement phases in a fast iterative manner. You enjoy balancing both pragmatic and trailblazing solutions and are seeking a highly collaborative, innovative, & passionate work culture.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Full Stack Engineer on our Product Development team, you will be building apps that make every piece of hourly workforce management - scheduling, time tracking, shift trading and more - easy and straightforward for managers and employees alike.
- Roll out new features, analyze, and react to the data we collect to make the product better.
- Optimize existing functionality for improved performance.
- Brainstorm with a dynamic team to flesh out new ideas and investigate tricky issues.
- Search creatively for the best solution for a releasable feature now and iterate on it for added improvements in the future.
- Work on everything from a beautiful UI to complex server-side applications, database architecture, our REST API, and lean microservices first hand.
Experience and Skills Needed
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in full stack software development.
- Top-notch programming skills, ability to produce quality code that is maintainable, efficient, reliable and secure.
- A working knowledge of the basics of agile (backlogs, estimation, progress updates and retrospectives).
- Strong development experience in the following:
- Backend: Current stack is written in PHP and Go.
- Distributed version control and regular deployments.
- Knowledge of Database Design and Concepts (MySQL, NoSQL, ORM)
Our Technology Soup
What’s In It For You
- Professional development allowance
- Employee Stock Options
- Paid parental leave
- Medical benefits - employee premiums paid 100% by WIW
- Dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- 401K Match
- Transit Pass or parking stipend
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Casual dress code
- Dynamic and dedicated team
- A unique opportunity to contribute to a rocketship
- A culture where you voice and your actions matter and make a difference to our success
Sound Like a Good Fit?
We’d love to talk to you! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position).
- Cover letter including:
- an overview of your existing Full Stack Engineering experience
- a convincing reason why you’d like to work at When I Work
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.