DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Chief Enterprise Revenue Officer, the Head of Lead Generation is responsible for driving top of the funnel activity for the B2B Enterprise and Corporate business at DataCamp. As a data-driven marketer, you will define our global lead generation strategy to attract Corporate and Enterprise businesses to our platform and ensure we achieve cross-functional alignment (Lead Generation <> Sales <> Customer Success) with regard to target buyers and Ideal Customer Profiles.
This role will depend on world-class experience in digital B2B lead generation and marketing operations to feed the commercial teams with a healthy, strong pipeline. In partnership with Sales, Customer Success, and the CRO, you will ensure we have shared definitions of success during annual goal setting practices, and are continuously driving towards those through the year.
The role isn’t about supporting Sales & Customer Success in growing the business. It’s about designing an efficient and effective machine, which we can scale the business on the back of.
What you’ll do:
- Spearhead global lead-generation to meet pipeline targets
- Forecast annual targets, set goals and report on funnel health, with a focus on action & optimization
- Support growth of commercial technology stack (in particular as it relates to lead generation)
- Segment the variables in lead generation business (e.g. customer department, channel, buyer persona, etc.) and optimize accordingly for both Enterprise and Corporate deal flow (high ASP and mid-ASP)
- Partner with Marketing & Growth teams to develop, test and scale lead generation programs
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success to build an efficient, scalable lead generation machine.
You’re the Type of Person who:
- Has the ability to be hands-on, and comfortable shaping the lead generation vision as well as managing day to day activities.
- Possess a high level of business acumen and experience developing strong cross-functional relationships both internally and externally.
- Has strong level of intellectual curiosity
- Is comfortable in the unknown and prepared to build out process, documentation, metrics, etc. from scratch.
- Is highly motivated, proactive, and self-sufficient.
- Is comfortable going against the grain and saying ‘no’ when appropriate.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- 8+ years experience in lead generation in B2B SaaS
- A passion for building a highly profitable commercial lead generation machine
- Experience building ‘Ideal Customer Profiles’ (or the like) to ensure clear commercial alignment on buyer personas
- The ability to efficiently and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Experience owning and managing lead generation budgets
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Some of your key metrics will be (all data also by market segment):
- Spend by channel
- Unit costs by Lead, MQL, SQL by channel
- Conversion rates by lead, MQL, SQL, channel
- Win rate by channel
- ARR by channel
- CAC by channel
- Payback period by channel
What is in it for you?
- A role at the center of the commercial business of a fast growing SAAS scale-up
- A competitive salary including fringe benefits
- Stock options
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats every year
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To learn more, take a look at our EEO and Anti - Harassment Policy.