As an Associate Full Stack Engineer, Growth, you will help build a product that hundreds of thousands of hourly employees and managers use everyday to work better together. You are a Jack or Jill of all trades, willing to be crafty, cut corners and prioritize speed without compromising user experience. You are driven by impact to the bottom line, and love taking an idea, distilling it into code running in production, and deriving insights from data and user behavior to feed into your next idea. You’re all about creating the best experience for users, and letting the data guide your compass for what that experience looks like. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to be at the forefront of driving innovation for our customers. Your curiosity inspires you to experiment, test, tweak and you aren’t afraid to try things that may fail quickly or unlock growth opportunities.
What You’ll Be Doing
As an Associate Full Stack Engineer, Growth, you will be increasing growth rate by implementing and executing growth experiments across the entire product funnel (Acquisition, Activation, Retention, Revenue, Referral) including onboarding, engagement, upsell, cross-sell, pricing and packaging, and more.
- Build useful software for hourly workers through rapid experimentation & implementation of growth ideas & initiatives.
- Quickly go from idea to execution, developing minimal amount of code to test initiatives on beta users.
- Brainstorm with a dynamic team to flesh out new ideas and investigate tricky issues.
- Search creatively for the best solution while staying true to agile methodology and continuous delivery.
- Create API-driven user on-boarding tools, user acquisition A/B tests, and dynamic resource tools.
- Work with 3rd party APIs to push and pull data to/from When I Work and our CRM, ESP and other communication tools.
- Implement various analytics and usability tracking codes and organize and direct data from a variety of sources for analytical purposes.
- Coordinate with product engineering team to productize winning tests
Experience and Skills Needed
- Development experience in some of the following (in order of importance):
- Working knowledge of datastores and SQL
- Working knowledge of PHP, Go, or Python
- Ability to produce quality code that is maintainable, efficient, reliable and secure
- Has introductory knowledge of the basics of agile (backlogs, estimation, progress updates and retrospectives)
- Strong data analytic abilities
- Distributed version control and regular deployments
- Collaborative with the ability to translate abstract ideas into workable code
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire & curiosity to learn new technologies and skill sets
What Would Be Awesome to Have
- Experience in database, design and concepts (MySQL, SQLite, ORM)
- Experience working in LaunchDarkly or other A/B testing frameworks
Our Technology Soup
What’s In It For You
- Professional development allowance
- Employee Stock Options
- Paid parental leave
- Medical benefits - employee premiums paid 100% by WIW
- Dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- 401K Match
- Transit Pass or parking stipend
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Casual dress code
- Dynamic and dedicated team
Sound Like a Good Fit?
We’d love to talk to you! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position).
- Cover letter including:
- An overview of your existing development experience
- A convincing reason why you’d like to work at When I Work)
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.