As the Marketing Operations Specialist, you will work collaboratively with Marketing and internal When I Work team members to own the planning, architecting, and successful execution of marketing automation processes and programs in support of When I Work’s acquisition, retention, and expansion efforts. You are the marketing technology & systems expert and enjoy making sense of complex data, systems, & processes. Your curiosity inspires you to experiment, test, tweak and you aren’t afraid to try things that may fail quickly. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to create and have a desire to lean into a high impact position. You are motivated by a strong, innovative, and passionate work culture and are constantly searching for ways to improve, inspire others, and add value.
What You’ll Be Doing
This role is responsible for leveraging marketing automation tools to plan, design, execute, and optimize marketing campaigns. You will build and launch programs in Marketo ensuring campaigns target the correct audience at the right cadence with proper scoring on behalf of Program Managers (lifecycle, paid media, content, etc.). You will execute on the marketing automation strategy, roadmap, and vision.
- Surface opportunities to improve marketing operational effectiveness based on funnel data. Own & update lead scoring and lifecycle stages
- Master the tools and processes, become the primary contact and subject matter expert for all Marketo-related questions across the organization including training and enabling cross-functional teams to leverage Marketo’s ability to connect to other systems & tools
- Manage and support Salesforce / Marketo integration
- Deliver & analyze actionable dashboards for all marketing initiatives (acquisition, conversion, and expansion efforts)
- Maintain & optimize the Revenue Cycle Model in collaboration with the Sales team
- Work collaboratively with Sales leadership and sales team members on a continual basis, including weekly reviews.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing team members to optimize lead scoring and ensure scoring accuracy across all channels, programs, and initiatives
- Ensure data accuracy within Marketo and help investigate issues as they arise
- Contribute to the strategy, management, and performance of our marketing automation ecosystem
- Contribute to process improvement projects to drive team efficiencies
Experience and Skills Needed
- 4+ years experience in a marketing or operations role supporting marketing and sales teams to execute campaigns (such as email, paid media, digital)
- 2+ years experience working with marketing automation systems (Pardot, Marketo, Hubspot, etc.) to build out lead lifecycle, lead scoring, and email marketing campaigns, pull and analyze reports
- Experience working with CRM software
- A hands-on attitude and a willingness to get things done while learning and advancing the company’s automation capabilities
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage projects in a fast-paced and growing environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-starter, energetic multi-tasker, highly motivated team player
What Would Be Awesome To Have
- Marketo experience
- Salesforce experience
- What’s In It For You
- Professional development allowance
- Employee Stock Options
- Paid parental leave
- Medical benefits - employee premiums paid 100% by WIW
- Dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- 401K Match
- Transit Pass or parking stipend
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Casual dress code
- Dynamic and dedicated team
Sound Like a Good Fit?
We’d love to talk to you! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position).
- Cover letter including:
- an overview of your existing marketing experience
- a convincing reason why you’d like to work at When I Work.
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.