As the Senior Director of Product & Growth, you will help grow and manage a team of product managers to define product strategies, evolve current products and identify new market opportunities. You’re analytically-minded and enjoy focusing on product initiatives that accelerate growth. Sitting at the intersection of user insight (both qualitative and quantitative), product roadmap execution, and design & experimentation, you will help lead When I Work's efforts to aggressively grow our user base, increase employee engagement, and deliver an unprecedented customer experience in Android, iOS, and Web environments.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As the Senior Director of Product & Growth, you will develop a strategic product roadmap and facilitate effective execution to bring that roadmap to life. You will lead a talented & motivated team through discovery, execution, and go-to marketing planning of strategic product initiatives through short, medium and long term plans to achieve company and product objectives.
- Oversee the product management and growth teams facilitating teams to focus, actively move initiatives forward, remove roadblocks, and think strategically.
- Build, manage, & coach teams to be high performing.
- Communicate product vision and priorities internally and externally.
- Identify customer needs, conduct/oversee market research, and monitor market trends/competitive landscape.
- Balance a wide range of inputs to make prioritization decisions focused on developing the products that will drive the most impact.
- Facilitate a strong partnership with cross-functional team members including engineering, design, support and marketing.
- Lead the Growth team and their efforts to drive growth through experimentation and analysis.
- Make data-driven decisions about product direction and features to grow our user base.
- Work closely with product marketing ensuring new products and features have strong go-to-market plans.
- Ensure successful product releases based on company priorities.
- Initiate and foster relationships with product development, sales, and other cross-functional teams to develop new features/products and/or enhance functionality of existing products.
- Manage your team, including hiring and onboarding, guiding professional development and providing regular feedback on performance.
Experience and Skills Needed
- 8+ years of product management experience to include B2B and/or consumer mobile technology products
- 4+ years of experience managing a team. Track record of building and retaining high performing teams.
- Prior experience managing product at an internet SaaS company
- The ability to think strategically and execute tactically; ability to execute with discipline and urgency.
- Applied experience with the analytics, reporting and/or integration needs of customers in the healthcare, hospitality, food services, or retail industry
- Experience with data analytics platforms for both web and mobile
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic (read: sometimes chaotic) startup environment. Previous experience growing a product at a startup highly preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manipulate and draw insights from data
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skill sets
- B2B DNA where the user experience always come first
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Superior writing skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts to various audiences
- Superior project management and time management skills
What’s In It For You
- Employee Stock Options
- Professional development allowance
- Paid parental leave
- Medical benefits - employee premiums paid 100% by WIW
- Dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- 401K Match
- Transit Pass or parking stipend
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Casual dress code
- Dynamic and dedicated team
Sound Like a Good Fit?
We’d love to talk to you! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position).
- Cover letter including:
- an overview of your existing Product & Growth experience
- a convincing reason why you’d like to work at When I Work.
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.