Ionic’s Customer Success Team provides the ongoing, strategic oversight for our Enterprise clients, helping them adopt and realize meaningful business goals with the all owned Ionic Products.
As part of the team, your focus will be on maximizing customer adoption and value, leading to strong renewal rates, creating passionate customer advocates, and setting the stage for future expansion. The primary measures of success for this role is the renewal rate of our Enterprise accounts, the influence of cross-sell/expansion opportunities, effective management of customer lifecycles, and the satisfaction level of our customers.
We are looking for talented, naturally curious, and persistent CSMs with excellent relationship-building, discovery, and communication skills. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of on-boarding new and nurturing existing customers as well as a background in enterprise software solutions.
If you enjoy an entrepreneurial environment where your opinion counts, and want to be part of our talented Customers Success Team, this position is for you. The team is based in Madison, WI but we will accept remote applicants with relevant experience.
- Manage all post-sales activities for Ionic Enterprise customers while tracking health metrics to identify and effectively mitigate churn and growth risks.
- Manage the lifecycle of each assigned customer
- Employ multi-channel communication strategies (video, email, phone and internal champions) to overcome growth/expansion challenges, while simultaneously identifying (and closing) upsell opportunities when applicable.
- Lead the on-boarding process for new customers to ensure they get off to a right start. This includes setting success metrics and adoption milestones, provisioning new accounts, engaging internal and external resources, and project managing the execution of the process.
- Develop strong relationships and serve as a single point of contact for all activities and escalations post go-live, and coordinate all resources necessary to resolve issues and promote success.
- Perform recurring business reviews to establish critical goals or other key performance indicators and aid the customers in achieving these goals.
- Keep customers informed of new product features and gather their feedback.
- Understand customer and industry trends, and articulate those back to the business.
- Advocate for your customers on any improvements to their overall experience.
- Collect customer feedback on product needs.
- Work closely with internal resources on escalation and resolution processes for critical customer issues.
- Quarterback internal and external initiatives through cross-functional partnerships with sales, support, product management, and finance.
- A true passion for customers and customer success
- 3-5 years of direct enterprise-level CSM experience, preferably from a technology/SaaS company with a verifiable history of exceeding customer satisfaction goals
- Proven track record of managing customer escalations, balancing customer expectations, and negotiating successful resolutions
- Analytical, problem-solving and dot-connecting skills with the ability to develop quick, accurate situational awareness
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with comfortability giving presentations to both individuals and larger groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building positive relationships with customers
- Proficiency in Customer Success management systems such as Gainsight or Totango
- Ability to function in an extremely high volume, forever evolving, and new business environment, while always maintaining a smile and positive disposition
- Strong software development background
- Travel up to 25%
VP, Customer Success
Additional Notes: Applicants must be eligible to work in the US. We are not accepting remote applicants.
Who we are
Ionic was founded in 2012, when using web technologies as a means to build native apps was still in its infancy. When we started, we just wanted to create a better way for web developers to use their existing skills to build apps for the app stores.
Today, the open source Ionic Framework is one of the world's most popular cross-platform front-end development technologies. The millions of developers (from nearly every industry) who make up Ionic’s vibrant community, have built Ionic mobile and web apps for companies ranging from high-growth startups to some of the largest enterprises in the world.