We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day…And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 7 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
As a Analytics Engineer Manager, you will be responsible for developing and leading our strategy around collecting, transforming, and consuming data as well as building data products for ourselves and our customers.
Daily Execution Excellence
- Design, construct, and maintain highly scalable analytics tools including:
- Robust data pipelines that collect and process data from internal and third party sources
- Scalable and performant databases/data warehouses
- AB Testing infrastructures
- Pipelines and platforms that support data ingestion and deployment for machine learning products and models
- Work with business analysts to build new analysis tools and metrics for measuring Infusionsoft as a business
- Develop and oversee roadmap for continued advancement of ecosystem of analytics engineering infrastructure
- Mentor and lead team of data engineers, and partner with data science and data analyst leaders
- Interface with internal data customers to gather requirements
Expertise and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of work experience in relevant field (Data Engineer, BI Engineer, DW Engineer, Software Engineer etc.)
- Experience with a modern DW (Redshift, Snowflake, Bigquery, Hadoop) and relevant data modeling best practices
- Experience with Spark or an alternative a strong plus
- Experience working with data streams and stream processing (Apache Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, JMS, etc.)
- Experience writing understandable, maintainable, and reusable software
- Experience building ETL from internal and third party data sources and familiarity with data design principles.
- Excellent SQL skills (we use postgres and mssql)
- Strong communication skills and ability to discuss the product with PMs and business owners
- An innate desire to deliver and a strong sense of teamwork
Our ideal teammate has:
- B.S. degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or a similar quantitative field
- 4+ years in a development and data engineering role preferably in tech, consulting, or finance.
- Strong programming skills (Python, Java, Ruby, Scala, Clojure; Go)
- Familiarity with AWS and Apache stacks including EMR, Lambda, EC2, Mesos etc.
- Unix development skills including shell scripting and automation.
- Exposure to big data/NoSQL systems and the issues that arise from working with large data sets.
- A self-starter attitude with an enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, start-up environment.
- Experience with open-source data flow management (Luigi, Airflow) preferred
What you’ll need to have/Competencies:
- Actively listen and check for understanding and commitment
- Continue to work through priorities without being prompted; proactive self-starter
- Recognize when a quick 80% solution will suffice
- Reduce low return activities to increase time for strategic initiatives
- Take into account best practices and cutting edge trends
- Encourage a customer-focused mentality, including both internal customers and partners
- Can easily share project status updates at any given time
- Work with or lead others to re-prioritize work and reschedule commitments as necessary
- Contribute positively to team dynamics
- Manage change within immediate team and support larger change efforts
- Identify barriers to effective collaboration and escalate issues if unable to resolve
This job operates in a fun yet professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
At Infusionsoft we celebrate diversity and inclusion for the benefit of our employees, our products, our community, and to help small businesses succeed. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any legally protected status.