At Keap, we help small businesses succeed.We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day…And often times, working at Keap is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 7 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
This Senior Accountant will be a key partner within the accounting team and assist in transactional accounting across multiple functions within the organization. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for account reconciliation activities as well as preparation of financial and audit information in compliance with Company policies and US GAAP. This individual will also serve as a resource within the Company for guidance and assistance on invoicing/revenue recognition, payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable. The role will also provide support for organizational financial objectives by providing reporting and analysis to our FP&A team as required.
- Record journal entries to accurately reflect appropriate accrual basis accounting transactions for assigned functions in the correct period, including accruals of expenses/revenues, amortization of prepaid expenses, etc.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist with meeting month and quarter-end close deadlines for both internal and external stakeholders
- Analyze current accounting procedures and recommend changes and process improvements as needed
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching technical guidance and interpreting data
- Perform other duties and ad hoc requests assigned by the Director of Accounting or other cross functional teams
- 2+ years of accounting experience with a large public accounting firm or working for a publicly traded company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Research and application skills of the FASB Accounting Standards Codification
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and activities to meet deadlines
Expertise and Qualifications:
- CPA License or in the process of obtaining
- NetSuite experience or an equivalent ERP system
- A self-starter with an ownership mentality
- Understanding of SaaS business acumen a plus
- Strong, effective communication skills, leading meetings and communicating directly with functional stakeholders
- Analytical thinking, problem solving, and ability to derive business insights from data
At Keap we celebrate diversity and inclusion for the benefit of our employees, our products, our community, and to help small businesses succeed. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any legally protected status.