Are you excited about learning? Do love working in a fun environment with perfect work/life balance? Do you love technology? Are you apt at problem solving and analyzing complex legal and compliance issues? Do you want to join a dynamic and supportive team in a collaborative work environment that will enhance professional skill development? This is your opportunity to join a highly productive team at a fast-growing Software as a Service (SaaS) company doing what you are passionate about. We are dedicated to monitoring transaction taxes at the international, state, county and municipal levels and developing software that keeps pace with the dynamics in the market. Join our team with cool offices offering mechanized desks. We offer free beverages (beer, pop, juice, espresso), a fun and flexible work environment with pool table, gymnasium, yoga, tiki bar, meditation room and subsidized parking
We are currently looking for a Sr Content Analyst to join our innovative, market leading company. This is a special opportunity for a tax professional to join an entrepreneurial product team with an in-demand, front running product powering the indirect tax world.
The Sr Content Analyst will be responsible for data analytics, incident management, root cause analysis and preventative actions associated with our indirect tax software maintenance releases. High quality releases avoid disruption for internal and external customers.
Although not generally required, the candidate must be flexible to overlap work timings with other Avalara offices globally, as needed.
- Responsible for analyzing and constructing visual tools to inform leadership of content coverage across industry segments;
- Responsible for real-time production data mining and analysis to determine the scope of and customers impacted by a content incident or system defect;
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources (AvaTax, JIRA, SalesForce) and develop and implement data models, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that identify opportunities to improve quality and efficiency;
- Provide relevant data that enables content and product management to effectively prioritize net new and existing content projects;
- Develop and implement data strategies that enable management to build data driven staffing models;
- Lead the effort to build effective Content dashboard that inform business units across the company.
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
- A natural curiosity about technology and an interest in innovation and learning about new areas of transaction taxes
- Undergraduate degree in technology related discipline or data analytics
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both orally and in writing
- Ability to use a laptop and various software, including MS Office, browsers, subscription research services and AvaTax products
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and self-manage to a known project deadline
- Ability to maintain organization and attention to detail
- Analytic ability at a level sufficient to understand and resolve internal stakeholder requests and customer tax concerns
- Ability to work in and support a team environment through collective team topics, load balancing and sharing/receiving constructive feedback
- Ability to multi task, troubleshoot, and problem solve in a calm, analytical and methodical manner that also demonstrates a sense of urgency
- Proactively participate in a dynamic and innovative tax environment by maintaining a high level of energy while being consistently dependable, efficient, and accurate
Preferred Qualifications (great to have but not absolutely necessary)
- Advanced degree in Data Analytics
- Two to four years of tax industry experience or Internal Audit
- Certification in data analytics, process improvement, risk management, internal audit or project management
- Strong working knowledge of Power BI and/or Tableau
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India.
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.