Avalara is looking for a Marketing Automation Specialist to execute digital marketing campaigns using
our marketing automation platform, Eloqua. We’re looking for someone with a proven track record in
creating and delivering successful lead-generation and cost-effective marketing campaigns through
digital marketing channels using marketing automation in conjunction with CRM software. This is a
hands-on, execution-oriented position that will work closely with Avalara’s Marketing Operations
Manager with a focus on building and deploying outbound, email marketing campaigns and applying
automation to scale campaign creation and execution. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who
thrives in a dynamic environment to impact the Marketing team’s overall performance by owning
campaign execution and processes around it while identifying opportunities to optimize Avalara’s
campaign efforts to scale. A successful candidate will have proven experience using marketing
automation software like Eloqua or Marketo in a high volume lead generation capacity.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the technical marketing automation programs required to achieve next-level marketing
• Manage the API integration with Salesforce and implement best practices for data field governance
• Responsible for managing and executing marketing campaigns through Eloqua, including building
and maintaining email templates and landing pages that drive campaign responses.
• Work with marketing managers to plan campaign cycles and hit key milestones.
• Understand and segment the database to build the most impactful campaign lists. Build test frameworks (A/B tests, deliverability and tracking) to continually improve campaign
metrics like click-through and conversion rates.
• Understand the API integration of marketing automation with Salesforce.com and how the two
• Develop and optimize marketing profile definitions to identify marketing populations.
• Manage and prioritize list pull activities, including list scrubbing, import and processing.
• Work with Telemarketing organization to maximize lists sourcing activities and investment.
• Work with marketing managers to create clear and detailed requirements for new list activities.
• Serve as a subject matter expert in marketing targeting rules and definitions.
• Develop expert level knowledge of, and identify/analyze new data sources.
• Advanced marketing automation expertise, with a minimum of 2 years “direct hands-on”
experience, 2+ years’ experience in high-tech B2B campaign execution and operations, integrated
marketing and demand generation preferred.
• Salesforce.com experience preferred.
• Proficient in editing HTML/CSS.
• Expertise in email marketing & email campaign management a plus.
• Strong critical thinking, analytic and problem solving skills (“No detail is too small” attitude).
• High attention to detail and the ability to effectively quality test campaigns prior to launch.
• Strong sense of urgency and experience in deadline driven roles.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and tasks
• Bachelor’s degree. Degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Comfortable with applied use of Excel functions (Vlookup, Pivot Tables) a plus