We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And oftentimes, working at Keap is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than yourself. We want you to bring the hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 7 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class, we will elevate the worldwide economy, we will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
If you are someone that naturally seeks to be the best at whatever you do and are looking for a meaningful sales career where you can make an impact on the world and achieve personal success– this is the right position for you!
The Sales Development Specialist role offers the opportunity to learn and grow in a sales capacity with promotion opportunity to inside sales within the year for motivated candidates.. As a Sales Development Specialist, you are the first line of contact between Keap and potential-customers. Through heavy outbound sales activities, you will connect with small business owners and decision-makers to understand how Keap can be the right fit for their business.
- Identify, prospect, develop and qualify leads within designated territory to be handed off to the sales team.
- Follow-up with leads from various sources including prospects from the website, purchased leads, webinar attendees, customer referrals, and older leads within our existing database.
- Manage live chat function via our website for new, interested prospects, moving qualified leads to the sales team.
- Provide support and follow-up via phone and email to inquiring leads and current customers.
What you’ll need to have/Competencies:
- Unparalleled tenacity- you lock on to a goal and won’t stop until you make it happen
- Accountable – you thrive in an environment where you are held to a specific metric and constantly challenge yourself to exceed them
- Hungry - you want a promotion in 6-12 months and are going to put in the work to achieve that
- Enthusiastic Communicator – you love connecting with all types of people
- Continuous Learner – you are always looking to up-level your skills through personal development or openness to external coaching
- Multi-tasker Extraordinaire – you have no problem collaborating cross-functionally or having “many irons in the fire”
- A burning passion for helping small businesses succeed
- Recent college graduates with strong internship experience or campus involvement are encouraged to apply
- In lieu of a degree, 2+ years of experience in phone-based customer support, sales or lead qualification role
- Demonstrates the ability to make multiple phone calls a day (150+) and has the courage to speak with cold or warm leads
- Capability to plan and align work with quota goals and broader organizational goals
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, anytime between the hours of 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At Keap, we celebrate diversity and inclusion for the benefit of our employees, our products, our community, and to help small businesses succeed. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any legally protected status.