DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our company is currently experiencing rapid growth and we are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Finance & Accounting Team. You will play a vital role with ensuring our accounts payable and accounts receivable are accurate. In addition, assisting with the monthly close, not limited to account reconciliations and supporting schedules. A strong work ethic, attention to detail, demonstrated knowledge of technical and operational accounting functions and Excel skills are a must. The ideal candidate is looking to grow within the role.
- Ensure that accounts receivable is accurate and collections are timely. Analyze processes to recommend more efficient ways. Report on identified metrics.
- Process and ensure that accounts payable is accurate and flows through the proper approval process. Report on identified metrics.
- Process expense reimbursements. Ensure expense reimbursement requests are within policy. Report the usage of each employees personal budget.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations and credit card reconciliations
- Support timely monthly, quarterly and year-end financial close, including balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals and overall maintenance of all general ledger accounts.
- Assist with projects and account analysis as they arise.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years experience in all aspects of accounting
- Highly organized and ability to balance a high volume of daily tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize with competing deadlines
- Ability to work closely with other departments to accomplish goals
- Ability to adjust to a quick changing environment
- Experience with working in a global presence.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- General knowledge of early stage SaaS companies
- Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A role at the center of the accounting team of fast growing SaaS scale-up
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Full health coverage for you and your family (DataCamp pays 100% of your premiums)
- Flexible working hours and unlimited PTO
- International company retreats every 6 months
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious - we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We’re making Data Science accessible worldwide and are committed to building a global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills as well as creating an inclusive environment for all employees.