Stream (https://getstream.io/) is an API for building, scaling and personalizing feeds. Our users access Stream via a blazing fast, highly-available and simple to use API service. We run on a very complex tech stack, highly optimized for performance and availability. Stream uses machine learning and big data to help our customers improve how information is discovered online. Stream's technology already reaches over 300 million users, with your help we’d like to add a few zeroes to that number.
We are looking for a talented Python programmer with affinity for machine learning to join our development team at our office in Amsterdam, The Netherland. Your responsibilities include analyzing activity feed engagement data through machine learning to show the right content to the user. You will work with our customers to tweak customized algorithms for their specific applications and needs. This involves analyzing the data across all of Stream’s customers, all users of a particular application, and individual user accounts.
This role is not a full-time machine learning role. It is primarily a senior Python developer role with data science and machine learning.
- 3-5 years (or more) of Python programming experience (required)
- 1 or more years with Django REST Framework or comparable tooling
- In-depth experience with relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Demonstrated skill with Scikit-learn, Pandas and Numpy experience
- Dedication to test-driven development and continuous integration
- API Development
- Accustomed to being part of high-level and low-level customer calls (both technical and non-technical customers)
- Public speaking and blogging
- Bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science or prior engineering experience
MACHINE LEARNING / DATA SCIENCE SKILLS
Ideally you will have some ML/DS skills, but we're looking for a strong Python developer who happens to be into ML/DS, than the other way around. Knowledge of common ML algorithms will be helpful, such as Collaborative filtering, Matrix Factorization, Graph Algorithms (PageRank, Hubs and Authorities, Triadic Closures), Latent Semantic Indexing, Approximate Nearest Neighbor techniques, Boosted Decision Trees, etc...
- Experience with Jupyter Notebooks
- Experience with Multi-Armed Bandits, Bayesian Personalized Rankings and Factorization Machines
- Experience with PyTorch and/or TensorFlow.
- Experience with other programming languages
Our Amsterdam office is located in the TQ tech space in the heart of the city. It's a fantastic building with all the amenities you'd expect. There's a cafe upstairs, a shared lunch area and a sports room with table tennis and badminton.