DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the Role
*Start Date: April 1st*
At DataCamp we are in the process of building out a new learning tool centered around skill assessments. This will help us become more effective in measuring learning outcomes and to help learners better understand their skill level.
As the Product Manager - Skill Assessment, you will drive innovation and set the product direction for DataCamp’s new skill assessment feature. Some of the questions you will need to tackle every day:
- How do we build a high-value and data supported skill assessment experience that delivers trustworthy and actionable insights to our learners.
- How can we make our skill assessment tools a holistic part of the DataCamp learning experience.
- How do we convey key skill assessment insights and data to learners as well as B2B clients in an efficient way.
- How can we best productize the authoring and maintenance of skill assessment challenges.
You will form a dedicated product team with partners in design and engineering. We believe in a decentralized model with a high level of freedom and ownership at the lowest level. You will be responsible for setting and achieving your own outcomes and roadmap based on the company vision and quarterly goals. The ability to communicate effectively, online and offline, is essential in this role.
- Determine your team’s metrics for success and align responsibilities accordingly.
- All things communication related to the DataCamp skill assessment experience from a product point of view. Internal and external.
- Work with a team of skilled engineers, data analysts and designers. Set the high-level mission, vision, and roadmap for the skill assessment product and team.
- Manage the end-to-end process of conceptualizing and shipping products related to the skill assessment experience. This includes backlog prioritization and defining product requirements.
- Create and manage a data-driven framework to measure the success of new and existing product features (A/B testing, engagement metrics, … ).
- Develop great intuition and a deep understanding of what drives end-users through interviews, data analysis and dogfooding.
- Be a strong collaborator for our internal content creation, commercial and marketing teams - understand their needs, abstract and prioritize your roadmap.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of product management experience or equivalent
- Strong technical and data science background
- Demonstrated ability of product management experience; Candidate must have experience bringing a technical product from concept through launch.
- Structured and analytical thinking. You can implement and enforce a data-driven product development process. Knowledge of R, Python or SQL is required.
- You understand the importance of good communication. You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Open to giving and receiving critical feedback
What’s in it for you?
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Full health coverage for you and your family (DataCamp pays 100% of your premiums)
- Flexible working hours and unlimited PTO
- International company retreats
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We’re making Data Science accessible worldwide and are committed to building a global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills as well as creating an inclusive environment for all employees.