DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the Role
As VP of Sales at DataCamp, you will be responsible for hiring, training and managing our team of Account Executives (AEs). DataCamp currently has 4 AEs based in NYC and we are looking to have a team of 10+ by the end of March 2019. An AE is responsible for closing business from new customers and is supported by many individuals including BDRs who set meetings for AEs. Once a deal is signed our Customer Success team owns renewals and expansions. Additionally, our AEs will attend 1-2 conferences per month to generate leads and raise DataCamp’s brand awareness. Reporting to the Chief Sales Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring the team exceeds all activity and billing goals as well as hiring high potential individuals that can scale with DataCamp’s growth. The data science field is exploding so you will have a massive territory of people to close . We are looking for someone who has excelled at building a high performance sales teams from the ground floor.
You’re the type of person who:
- Has superior written and verbal communication skills
- Has 5+ years of sales management experience; 2+ years of national management experience
- Expertise in SaaS sales and/or Education Technology
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Has strong interpersonal skills and enjoys talking to new business prospects
- Is comfortable presenting in person and over the phone
- Is organized, entrepreneurial, and comfortable working in a quickly changing environment
It’s a plus if:
- You have familiarity with the data science field and typical data science workflows
Some of your key metrics will be:
- Meetings set per AE
- Time to hire AEs
- AE success ratio
- Number of months to get AEs ramped up
- Development of our AE training process
What is in it for you?
- Competitive salary and stock options at a high-growth innovative company
- Uncapped commission plan
- 100% of medical & dental insurance premiums paid
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats every 6 months
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.