DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the Role
As Head of Sales Development at DataCamp, you will be responsible for hiring, training and managing our team of Business Development Representatives (BDRs). A BDR is responsible for setting meetings for our Account Executives via reaching out to individual subscribers, webinar attendees and cold prospects. Additionally, our BDRs will attend 1-2 conferences per month. Reporting to the Head of Sales EMEA, you will be responsible for ensuring the team exceeds all activity and meeting goals and hiring high potential individuals that can be promoted to AEs in 6-18 months. The data science field is exploding so there is a massive territory of people to reach out to . We are looking for someone who has excelled at building a high performance BDR team from the ground up.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 5+ years of sales management experience; 2+ years of BDR management experience
- Expertise in SaaS sales and/or Education Technology
- Has strong interpersonal skills and enjoys talking to new business prospects
- Has superior written and verbal communication skills
- Has creative problem solving abilities
- Is comfortable presenting in person and over the phone
- Is organized, entrepreneurial, and comfortable working in a quickly changing environment
It’s a plus if:
- You have familiarity with the data science field and typical data science workflows
Some of your key metrics will be:
- Meetings set per BDR
- Time to hire BDRs
- BDR success ratio
- Number of months to get BDRs ramped up
- Development of our BDR training process
What is in it for you?
- A role at the center of the commercial business of a fast growing SAAS scale-up
- A competitive salary including fringe benefits
- Stock options
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats every 6 months
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.