DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the Role
As the Product Manager of our curriculum expansion and support team you will drive innovation and set product direction for DataCamp's curriculum growth from a technical perspective. Some of the question you will need to tackle every day:
- How do we support new technologies (scala, java, …) and new topics (deep learning, AI,...) in our learning environment.
- How can we create interactive and engaging learning experiences for topics such as statistics, coding, etc.
- How do we improve our interactive feedback messaging system in a scalable way.
- How do we make author friendly ways with writing content in new technologies.
- What does the student data tell us on learner happiness related to interactive feedback.
You will form a dedicated product team with partners in engineering. We believe in a decentralized model with a high level of freedom and ownership at the lowest level. You will be responsible for setting and achieving your own outcomes and roadmap based on the company vision and quarterly goals.
The ability to communicate effectively, online and offline, is essential in this role.
- Determine your team’s metrics for success and align responsibilities accordingly.
- All things communication related to the DataCamp curriculum expansion and support from a product point of view towards our internal content teams.
- Work on a daily basis with a team of skilled engineers, data analysts and designers and set the high-level mission, vision, and roadmap.
- Manage the end-to-end process of conceptualizing and shipping products related to curriculum expansion and support. This includes backlog prioritization and defining product requirements.
- Create and manage a data-driven framework to measure the success of new and existing product features (A/B testing, engagement metrics, … ).
- Develop great intuition and a deep understanding of what drives end-users through interviews, data analysis and dogfooding.
- Be a strong collaborator for our internal content creation, commercial and marketing teams - understand their needs, abstract and prioritize your roadmap.
What we’re looking for
- Strong technical and data science background. Software engineering experience is recommended
- Demonstrated ability of product management experience or equivalent; Candidate must have experience bringing a technical product from concept through launch
- Structured and analytical thinking. You can implement and enforce a data-driven product development process. Knowledge of R, Python or SQL is required
- You understand the importance of good communication. You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- You are always looking for the radical truth, are not afraid to give feedback in a radical candid way, and you have a pragmatic mindset
What’s in it for you?
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- A competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We’re making Data Science accessible worldwide and are committed to building a global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills as well as creating an inclusive environment for all employees.