DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the Role
As a product designer at DataCamp, you'll be responsible for what you design from start to finish: brainstorming solutions, iterating on visuals and interactions, and conducting user tests. You will work on everything from large interface overhauls to small iterative improvements on our core features.
We expect you to have a pragmatic mindset and be able to work in a fast-moving environment while juggling many responsibilities. In addition, we expect you are always pro-actively looking for qualitative and quantitative data-driven feedback on your designs, and are open to discuss engineering requirements.
- Make amazing user interfaces that excite our users and help us achieve our business objectives.
- Work with one or more product squads (engineers, data science, product managers) focused on a user-facing area of DataCamp where you will help with the identification of high-impact opportunities, collecting feedback, evaluate impact, …
- Create prototypes and run user tests using these prototypes.
- Collaborate with the full design team on the general DataCamp design system.
- Work quickly and effectively on multiple projects. Perfection is the enemy of good, and time is money.
What we’re looking for
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant design capabilities.
- 3+ years of working experience in a scale-up environment.
- Interest in using data and user research to inform design decisions.
- Pragmatic mindset. You do not see product design as an art, but as a way to achieve business goals.
- You perform best in a radical candor type of feedback environment, and you embrace radical truth.
- Past programming experience is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- A competitive salary and stock options.
- Flexible working hours.
- International company retreats.
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We’re making Data Science accessible worldwide and are committed to building a global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills as well as creating an inclusive environment for all employees.