The days of learning data science by passively consuming video lectures are over. Real learning takes place when a student’s hands are on the keyboard, writing code, working with data, and solving problems. If you agree, keep reading!
DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the Role
*Start Date: April 1st*
As our Instructor Recruiter, it’s your responsibility to build a network of the best data science instructors in the world. Our instructors are subject matter experts with a passion for teaching, excellent communication skills, and a strong network of their own. If someone in the community fits this profile, it’s your job to make sure they know who we are and why they should consider working with us. If their skills align with our current curriculum goals, you’ll invite them to apply for an instructor role, lead them through the application process, and assess their application alongside our Curriculum Project Managers. Once approved, you’ll also guide instructors through our contracting and onboarding processes.
- Recruit data science subject matter experts to join our instructor network
- Understand the content roadmap and corresponding hiring priorities
- Manage and improve the application process for new instructors
- Work with Curriculum Project Managers to assess instructor candidates
- Onboard new instructors
- Attend networking events, user groups, and conferences to build relationships with new and existing instructors
The Ideal Candidate
This position is ideal for someone with a passion for data science and education, who wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s training the next generation of data scientists!
- Not afraid to do cold outreach and to build a network pro-actively
- Knowledge of key data science concepts (statistics, machine learning, etc.)
- Exceptional project and process management skills
- Ability to meet agreed upon quarterly objectives and key results (OKRs) including milestones and deadlines with minimal guidance
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, enabling you to build a strong network in the data science community
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment with multiple responsibilities
- Network in the data science, R, and/or Python communities is a plus
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to build and grow your data science network by working with and learning from experts in the field
- Opportunity to build the world’s most comprehensive data science training resource
- A competitive salary and fringe benefits
- Stock options
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats every 6 months
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.