DataCamp believes the impact data analysis and data science will have over the next 20 years will be as large as the impact software engineering and computer science have had in the last 20 years. The days of learning data analysis and data science by passively consuming video lectures are over. Real learning takes place when your hands are on the keyboard, writing code, working with data, and solving problems. If you agree, keep reading!
DataCamp is building the future of data science education. DataCamp users get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. In fact, millions of people from thousands of companies around the world have completed over 150 million DataCamp exercises to date!
About the Role
At DataCamp we are in the process of building out a new learning tool centered around skill assessments. This to become more effective in measuring learning outcomes + to help learners better understand their skill level.
As the Content Development Lead - Skill Assessment, it’s your responsibility to build out a new team within DataCamp focused on all skill assessment content development activities. Your responsibility is to (i) ensure our ambitious skill assessment launch targets are hit, (ii) the right types of skill assessments are build, (iii) skill assessments are of high-quality and (iv) the growing pool of skill assessments are maintained.
This position is ideal for someone who is not afraid of hands-on work, has experience in process management, and feels comfortable in a fast changing, and at time chaotic, environment.
- Grow and manage our team of Content Developers - Skill Assessment
- Set-up a scalable skill assessment content development process
- Take responsibility for setting and achieving ambitious launch goals
- Communicate progress and updates to key stakeholders, both internal and external
The Ideal Candidate
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Is comfortable programming in Python and R
- Strong interest in data science and online education
- Extremely organized and process-oriented
- Completed online courses from DataCamp and/or other providers
- Comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Strong command of English, both written and verbal
- Technical understanding from a software engineering perspective is a plus
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and stock options at an early stage company
- 100% of medical and dental insurance premiums paid
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious)