The days of learning data science by passively consuming video lectures are over. Real learning takes place when a student’s hands are on the keyboard, writing code, working with data, and solving problems. If you agree, keep reading!
DataCamp is building the future of data science education. Our students get hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. In fact, millions of students around the world have completed over 90 million DataCamp exercises to date!
Behind every DataCamp course is a team of passionate folks who helped build it. We decided early on that the best way for us to maximize value for our students is to build courses in partnership with top companies and experts in the data science community. That’s why our course library is packed with courses from companies like Anaconda and RStudio and data scientists like Andy Müller (scikit-learn), Erin LeDell (H2O), and Hadley Wickham (ggplot2, dplyr).
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Content Development team is expanding to Belgium! As the Head of Content Development in Belgium, it’s your responsibility to build out this team and oversee and manage all course development activities within it, ensuring we consistently hit our ambitious course launch targets.
For reference, we currently have around 200 courses on DataCamp and expect to double our course library in 2019. Needless to say, this job isn’t for the faint of heart; it’s about building the greatest data science training resource the world has ever seen!
This position is ideal for someone with proven people and process management experience, who wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s training the next generation of data scientists.
- Grow and manage our team of Course Developers
- Take responsibility for setting and achieving ambitious course launch goals
- Communicate progress and updates to key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Proactively implement improvements to our course development process
- Intervene with instructors when courses fall behind schedule or other issues arise that can’t be resolved by Course Developers
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Is comfortable programming in Python and R
- Strong interest in data science and online education
- Extremely organized and process-oriented
- Completed online courses from DataCamp and/or other providers
- Comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Strong command of English, both written and verbal
- Bonus points for experience in management consulting or customer success
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Opportunity to build the world’s most comprehensive data science training resource
- A competitive salary including a company car and other fringe benefits
- Stock options at an early stage startup
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats every 6 months
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.