Instructional Designer at Cybrary
Washington, DC, US
Cybrary is looking for a Instructional Designer to create dynamic learning experiences that enable over 2 million professionals across the world accelerate their career success.
As the Instructional Designer you will design, develop, and deliver curated online courses and technology-enhanced instructional materials for the Cybrary learning platform. Most importantly you will enable the development of a network of instructors. You will provide strategic input, support, and training for Cybrary’s instructors and work with companies who are actively crowdsourcing the next paradigm shift in online learning. As such you will work closely across multiple teams to make sure your content releases are both successful and align with internal objectives.
Cybrary was founded to connect IT professionals with low cost, high-quality training, and career development resources in order to help them level up their careers in cybersecurity, system administration, and other related fields. In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to join a growing company and help people achieve their potential and land their dream jobs!
- Coach Instructional best practices for our best in class instructors
- Manage the development of instructional materials that are functional, informative, and consistent with sound instructional design principles
- Develop a content strategy that optimizes ‘time to release’ for instructors and vendors who are actively curating digital media assets for crowdsourced learning
- Provide recommendations for interface design, sequencing of instruction, use of assessments, and online interactive activities.
- Plan, develop, and deliver cognitively sound curriculum content
- Manage teams of writers and subject matter experts to ensure instructional integrity of the course development projects through a method of systematic design and clear course standards and outcomes
- Manage project timelines and coordinate with team members and partners to meet project deliverables
- Use data analytics to evaluate the instructional effectiveness of, courses, and assessments
- Manage instructional content circles where instructors provide best practices
- At least 2-3 years of instructional design experience strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree in educational technology, instructional design, instructional technology, cyber security, education, marketing or other related discipline preferred
- Instructional Coaching experience strongly preferred
- Curriculum development experience preferred
- Utilization and development of current technologies for online teaching and learning required
- Proven ability to adapt and learn new procedures and software programs
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- HTML editing software, and basic image manipulation software, such as Photoshop or Sketch